02 October 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 2nd October
This weeks updates;
- Changes at the Trust. As of Monday the Trust will have a new working structure. Angus Robertson will be moving to a part time support role which will primarily cover social enterprise development allowing him to work remotely for part of the working month. Sharon Campbell will move into an Interim Trust Manager position and will be the first contact for any Trust related enquiries. Ruairidh Graham has a new short term contract as Broadband Development Officer. Emma Micski continues in her role as Social Enterprise Administrator.
- We welcome Tarskavaig householders on to the Skyenet network this weekend. Migration for all those on the HEBNET network should happen once new equipment has been installed today. We also have a further two new backhaul lines just about active from BT which will allow us to spread the load across our network.
- On Thursday 8 October, 7.30pm Seomar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig 'An evening with Finlay Calder'. Visit Sleat is delighted to welcome Finlay Calder, Project Manager for the new 'Torabhaig Distillery' who will present an update on the project, introduce the new Distillery Manager, Hamish Fraser, and talk about his former life as the Scotland and British Lions rugby captain. Free admission and refreshments will be provided. All are welcome and further information from Rob Ware on 01471 855350 or email email@example.com
- Visit Sleat have been very active in regard to the proposed new Calmac ferry schedule next year on the back of RET introduction. Feedback has been given in regard to a number of issue and shortages with their proposals.
- The Trust have been invited to a seminar being held by OSCR the charity regulator on Friday, 23 October 2015 at Tigh na Sgire, Portree.
- Members of the Trust have also been invited to attend the Official Opening of Ionad Iain Nobail the new building at Sabhal Mor Ostaig on the 21st October.
- The Trust AGM will be held on the 28th October at 7pm in in Seomar Cruinneachaidh at Sabhal Mor Ostaig.
- Split log bags of softwood from Tormore Community Forest are still being sold. Log is in 8" and 10" lengths (please specify at the time of order). £60 per bag delivered anywhere in Sleat. Order your bag now to avoid disappointment! Call 01471 844773 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org or PM through our Facebook page.