25 September 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 25th September
A few general updates for you all.
- Paul East of Rural Designs has passed on his final draft feasibility study report for the development of Trust land assets at Armadale and Tormore. The SCT board will now review and finalise the study prior to its release before the AGM.
- Skyenet finally has an extra backhaul line from BT to extend its coverage to Achnacloich.
- Work will be carried out at the Mallaig exchange this weekend which may mean some small service outages. This is necessary to bring in future conventional and superfast connections to our network.
- A West Coast Backbone meeting was held recently with the Trust as a WHAN member in attendance. Work is on-going putting in the necessary infrastructure for this new superfast source of backhaul. However BT have already pushed out the connection date by a month to year end…aaaarghhh!
- Roading work starts again this week in Tormore forest to extend into our next harvesting area. Felling should start in the next fortnight.
- The Trust AGM will be held on the 28th October at 7pm in in Seomar Cruinneachaidh at Sabhal Mor Ostaig.
- Thanks to all for the help regarding our SSE charging issue. After a lot of dialogue we have a much reduced admin fee.
- Several meetings have taken place with HIE regarding funding for a new set of fuel pumps.
- Visit Sleat have been talking with Calmac about a new ferry schedule next year on the back of RET introduction. A meeting of the Sleat Transport forum is being arranged to discuss feedback to date.
- Split log bags of softwood from Tormore Community Forest are still being sold. Log is in 8" and 10" lengths (please specify at the time of order). £60 per bag delivered anywhere in Sleat. Order your bag now to avoid disappointment! Call 01471 844773 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org or PM through our Facebook page.
- Trust board meeting on Monday.