04 September 2015
Trust Snippets w/e 4th September
Your weekly updates are back;
- This month’s Artists of the Month at Armadale Community Filling Station and Post Office are Patricia Shone (Ceramics) along with Emma Siedle-Collins (Mixed Media). Come along throughout September to peruse, and buy if you wish, all their great display items.
- The Community Post Office has a great big new front door! This will allow for wheelchair access to the building and was bought using a grant from the Post Office Community Fund. Many thanks to Calum for fitting and to David Campbell for helping too. Please mind the step as you enter as not all work is complete.
- There is a meeting of the WHAN group at Sabhal Mor Ostaig next week. From this meeting we should get a clearer indication of when faster uncontested backhaul will become available for Skyenet subscribers.
- Good news that we finally have another line of traditional backhaul from BT at Isle Ornsay. This means that after a few weeks of fitting out we will be able to take new orders from other villages in our targeted areas.
- Angus will attend the SLCVO AGM at Broadford Hotel on Weds at 7pm. All are invited to attend. This will be his last meeting as director of the fantastic organisation.
- Good meeting with Scottish Woodlands regarding our next phase of harvesting which will start in earnest in eight to ten weeks’ time.
- Thanks to everyone’s help to date, as we battle with SSE to get a fair return of our grid connection fees.
- Our smaller 8" split logs are going fast and are almost gone. Good stocks remain of 10 inchers! A bag could be yours delivered anywhere in Sleat for £60. Call 01471 844773 or mail email@example.com or PM through our Facebook page. Book your bag now to avoid disappointment!