31 July 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 31st August
This week’s updates;
- These are the first computer renders of the topographical surveys of the existing SCT sites, Armadale Trading and Tormore Forest Entrance, where potential development may occur. These drawings are a baseline for community members to give us feedback on what site they prefer and what you would like to see us doing with the land. A Community Consultation day is planned in Ardvasar Hall on the 22nd August to allow everyone to meet with our consultants Rural Design and discuss their ideas about both sites. More details to come about this event in the coming weeks.
- The 'Made in Sleat' exhibition at the Duisdale Hall. featuring 17 local artists and craftspeople comes to an end this Saturday at 1700. Thanks to Jane and Heather McDermott as well as Matt Harrison for all their help with setting up (and taking down) this well attended community led event.
- The Great Sleat Draw took place last Saturday and helped to raise over £800 for Trust projects. Congratulations to all the winners…. your prizes will be with you in the next week (when Ru gets back from his hols!). Thanks to all those that contributed prizes.
- Skyenet Updates: Good to see Calum Stiven of CBS on Monday and talk over our project to date along with the encouraging update that the WHAN project is now underway, still waiting for more backhaul from BT (Grrr!) and sign off of a hosting site in Achnacloich, work is being carried out tomorrow in Drinan to strengthen the signal from our mast to give a better service to our Ord customers.
- Split log bags of softwood from Tormore Community Forest are now being sold and are going like hot cakes! Log is in 8" and 10" lengths (please specify at the time of order). £60 per bag delivered anywhere in Sleat. Order your bag now to avoid disappointment! Call 01471 844773 or mail email@example.com or PM through our Facebook page.
- Good to see the first of our new doors being fitted to the Skye Farm Shop. We have a beautiful new wooden front door for the PO/Filling Station. Both were fully funded by the Post Office Community Fund and thanks to Calum MacEachren for fitting them.
- The Post Office and Filling station will be closing daily as, of Monday 3rd August, at 5.30pm for the rest of the summer season.