24 July 2015
Trust Snippets -w/e 24th July
This week’s updates;
- Split log bags of softwood from Tormore Community Forest are now being sold and are going like hot cakes! Log is in 8" and 10" lengths (please specify at the time of order). £60 per bag delivered anywhere in Sleat. Order your bag now to avoid disappointment! Call 01471 844773 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org or PM through our Facebook page.
- Two Trust events this weekend, the first being a Family Day on Saturday at the fank area at the top of Tormore Community Forest. Open from 10am to 5pm. Treasure hunt, pooh sticks and BBQ available for you to use. Come along and see this new community picnic area.
- …..and the other is the start of the second annual 'Made in Sleat' artists and makers selling exhibition at the Duisdale Hall. Featuring 17 local artists and craftspeople the exhibition runs daily from this Saturday for one week from 1000-1700. More info at www.madeinsleat.co.uk There is an opening night viewing on Saturday at 6pm with refreshments and the Great Sleat Draw will be taking place at this time. On Sunday at 2pm there is a SEALL fringe event at the exhibition when Paul Thomson will be in concert. Travelling across Britain in a specially converted milk float with solar-powered lighting and music gear, Paul is the first solo musician ever to tour Britain in a milk float! With singer-songwriter Daria Kulesh (aka Eternal Child), whose Russian roots are reflected in her music.
- Ingrid Galbraith our new HIE contact visits the Trust office next Thursday.
- Sleat Renewables donated a bag of split logs for the Crossroads raffle at their charity café yesterday and were also happy to help out the Circus at SMO a couple of weeks ago with a couple of large bags of sawdust to cover the wet ground.
- First results of the topographical surveys of both the Armadale Trading Site and the Forest entrance were shared with the Trust this week by Rural Design. Hope to share these computer renders online in the next few days.
- Good to meet with Lucy Conway this week as she researches the forward governance of SEALL.
- Trust and SRL board meetings next week.