10 July 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e10th July
This week’s updates;
- The Trust has registered with Community Jobs Scotland with a view to employing a young person (16 to 24) to help out with general duties for our organisation and its subsidiaries.
- Topographical surveys have been carried out at both potential Trust development sites at Armadale and Tormore by surveyors working for Rural Designs. Community consultation dates are being fixed to get your views on what you would like to see being developed on one or both sites. Hope to announce in the next few weeks
- Great news that we received £1500 of funding from Paths for All towards the establishment of a picnic area at Tormore Forest fank. Well done to Trustee Peter Roberts who completed the application process.
- In the world of Skyenet we are now able to take on customers from Aird. We are working to strengthen our signal to Ord through the roll out of better receiving equipment. Hoping to finalise permissions to host equipment in Achnacloich in the next few weeks to allow customers to subscribe there too.
- Two weeks tomorrow to the opening day of the second annual 'Made in Sleat' artists and makers selling exhibition at the Duisdale Hall. Featuring 17 local artists and craftspeople the exhibition runs daily from 25th July to 1st August from 1000-1700. More info at www.madeinsleat.co.uk
- Good to see Graeme Hamilton of Albyn Housing Society yesterday and share with him information regarding the many projects that we run.
- No updates next week due to staff holidays.