26 June 2015
Trust Snippets -w/e 26th June
This week’s updates;
- It’s a diverse range of work we carry out at the Trust. This week we have driven white vans, cleared out our shed of rubbish, helped our contractor make dozens of bags of wood fuel, went to Uist to present at a Social Enterprise Academy training event, attended two board meetings and arranged many new installs of our broadband service (BT have finally released new backhaul lines to us…..yippeee!)
- John Finnie MSP will visit the Trust on the 27th August for an overview of our work.
- Andy Cumming of Mann Judd Gordon (our accountants) will be onsite at the Trust offices now on Monday and Tuesday after being delayed due to the CalMac strike.
- We have made it to 500 likes on Facebook and 300 followers on Twitter.
- Our network software package, named “The Dude” is now live at the Trust’s office which will enable us to monitor Skyenets many mast sites and the system performance.
- Graeme Hamilton, Innovation Officer at Albyn Enterprises Ltd (part of Albyn Housing Society) will visit the Trust on the 8th or 9th of July
- Thanks to the 13 or so volunteers that came along last Sunday to help clear out the fank area in Tormore Forest. Next volunteer day is being planned for the 5th of July.
- SCT will take part in a meeting today to explore the possibilities of being part of a broadband research project led by Edinburgh University . Hosted by Community Broadband Scotland at SMO this event will include several other west coast community groups. This could give Skyenet a share of up to 1GB of uncontested backhaul by year end.
- SCT has made a funding application to the Highland Council’s Carbon Clever Fund.
- Trust board meeting on Monday.