05 June 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 5th June
Updates for you all;
- Good news that Sleat Renewables Ltd have been awarded over £1200 of funding from the Pebble Trust towards equipment for its wood fuel supply chain. Thanks to Rhuairidh (SCT) for working on the application and to the Trustees of the Pebble Trust (particularly Martin) for the award.
- Just about there with new backhaul lines from BT with an announcement due next week regarding the next township that can connect to Skyenet.
- First woodland nursery event went well on Wednesday and the sun was even shining. Next Tormore: Explore Woodland Activities event is titled 'Come and Play!' – WATER on the morning of Saturday 13th……no booking required…..just turn up.
- An application for funding from Paths for All has been made which will allow safe access to the “fank” area at the top of Tormore Forest.
- Tickets still available at various Sleat outlets for the Great Sleat Draw. There are over 25 top prizes including; Belladrum festival tickets, dining at top Sleat hotels, whisky related goods, a flying experience and a pottery lesson. The draw itself will take place on the opening night of the “Made In Sleat” exhibition on the 25th of July in Duisdale Hall. T and C’s online at www.sleat.org.uk
- Three tenders have been received from companies wishing to carry out a feasibility study re development opportunities for the Trust’s assets. All three companies to be interviewed w/c 15th June and a decision will be made after this regarding the winning tender.
- We welcome the Highland Council Petroleum Officer next week for his annual inspection.