15 May 2015
Trust Snippets -w/e 15th May
After a brief sojourn SCT weekly updates are back;
- Skyenet broadband updates for you; we will be connecting up our first subscribers next week in Drumfearn, hoping that BT deliver our increased backhaul next week to allow the network to expand in June and final power/wayleave agreements are being put in place for our mast site in Aird.
- We have not one but two new employees starting as sales assistants in our community shop. Deborah Trussler and Viktoria Marker will start their training on Monday with Andrea. We wish them well.
- Angus will be attending the Community Land Scotland (CLS) conference in Inverness next Thursday and Friday. In his last role of director of CLS Angus will chair a “Showcase” on crofting community buyouts with speakers from Carloway and West Harris.
- Tickets still available at various Sleat outlets for the Great Sleat Draw. There are over 25 top prizes including; Belladrum festival tickets, dining at top Sleat hotels, whisky related goods, a flying experience and a pottery lesson. The draw itself will take place on the opening night of the “Made In Sleat” exhibition on the 25th of July in Duisdale Hall. T and C’s online at www.sleat.org.uk
- Another meeting next week of the volunteer committee that is looking to organise a Sleat based triathlon event in 2016.
- Our “Artist of the Month” display is underway in the Armadale Post Office. This month’s local artists are Kat Lenz (Pottery) and Heather McDermott (Jewellery).
- A tender brief for a feasibility study to review development opportunities for the Trust assets has been finalised and will be issued next week to prospective consultants. We can announce today that SCT were given a £10k grant from Awards for All towards the overall project cost.
- Trading and Renewables board meetings next week.