17 April 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 17th April
Some splendidly sunny Sleat weekly updates for you;
- Trust and Community Council representatives will tour the Torabhaig distillery next week with senior managers from Mossburn Distillers for an update on progress to date.
- Our new Social Enterprise Administrator Emma Micski starts with the Trust on Monday. Welcome on board!
- David Robertson of Scottish Woodlands visits on Tuesday.
- Thanks to Lindsay Simpson from HIE for coming over yesterday to discuss the Trust’s present projects and future support requirements.
- We have been very busy with our broadband project. Ofcom licenses have been applied for, bank accounts opened, new lease agreements signed (thanks to Clan Donald Estates for this) and there has been more planning of the next phase of infrastructure build. The Trust will also meet with reps from Strathaird and Elgol to begin to look at the possibility of including them in our Skyenet network in the future.
- There has been a great response to our offer of displaying and selling local artists products in the Armadale Post Office. All slots have now been taken for the summer season.
- Our new art display boards are ready for use. Thanks to Calum MacEachern for making these boards which will be used in our “Made In Sleat” exhibition.
- We are hoping that our postcards of local scenes will be delivered next week. Lots of new goodies also in our shop….see our post on Facebook.
- Trading and Renewables board meetings next week.