03 April 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 3rd April
Your Good Friday updates;
- Great progress has been made regarding our broadband infrastructure with the North part of the network now in place. Rural Broadband Networks will be back in three weeks’ time to install the southern part of the network. We are also waiting now for backhaul to come through from BT to make the system live. When we have a live tested system we will start to market our service. We are nearly there!
- Calum Stiven our broadband officer will be moving on at the end of his SCT contract (end of April) to a new position with Community Broadband Scotland as a development officer. Congratulations!
- HIE have approved a grant of £9K towards the overall cost of a feasibility study for the re-development of our Armadale Trading Area.
- Saturday’s Tormore Forest School Easter egg themed event is now sold out.
- The Trust has submitted its feedback to the Highland Council Local Plan consultation via the Community Council.
- All winners now informed of our postcard competition and we are now busily getting them printed for sale in our shop
- We have a new vacancy for the position of Sales Assistant based at our busy Armadale Community Post Office and Petrol Station. Our rate for this vacancy is £7.85 per hour and we can guarantee a minimum of 20 hours per week on a flexible shift system. If you wish to apply send a cover letter and CV to Sleat Community Trust Office, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS or email to email@example.com for further information. Closing date the 6th of April.
- No updates next week due to staff holidays.