27 March 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 27th March
Your updates for this week;
- This weekend sees the start of the build (weather permitting) of the north part of our community wireless broadband network. Rural Broadband Networks along with Calum will construct the linked mast systems. It is hoped that the network will first go live over the following weeks in the village of Drumfearn. This brings to fruition over 2 and ½ years of work by many individuals and Trust staff. When the system is fully functioning and tested we will start to market our connection package to householders.
- In a busy week of Broadband activity we welcome Mark Tate, Development Director of Community Broadband Scotland on Thursday and representatives of the Tarskavaig community on the same day to discuss the current and future Broadband service to the village.
- Community Land Scotland’s conference this year will be held in Inverness on the 21st & 22nd of May. Angus will be chairing a showcase session on Crofting Estate Buyouts. This will be Angus’s last role before stepping down as a director of this overarching community organisation.
- The next Forest School event will have an Easter theme and will be held on the 4th April from 10am-12pm. More information over this weekend on the Tormore:Explore Facebook page with info regarding booking (recommended as it will quickly sell out). Thank to everyone who made last weekend’s Den building day such a success.
- Board meeting for Sleat Community Trust on Monday at 7.30pm.
- Thanks to all that turned up for the Visit Sleat meeting last week at Talla Dearg. Key notes from this event can be found here http://www.sleat.org.uk/_documents.asp?path=e:\satellites\4109\documents\visit-sleat
- Gareth Phillips, Woodland Officer, Forestry Commission Scotland, Highlands and Islands Conservancy will now be attending on Tuesday to inspect our recent tree planting in Tormore.
- Thanks for all the Sleat postcard photograph’s sent in from all our members. The winners have been chosen and will be announced next week.
- Finally, we have a new vacancy for the position of Sales Assistant based at our busy Armadale Community Post Office and Petrol Station. Our rate for this vacancy is £7.85 per hour and we can guarantee a minimum of 20 hours per week on a flexible shift system. If you wish to apply send a cover letter and CV to Sleat Community Trust Office, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS or email to email@example.com for further information. Closing date the 6th of April.