20 March 2015
Trust Snippets - 20th March
Great views of the eclipse today we would love to see any Sleat based photo’s;
- Thanks to SLACA for donating £500 to Visit Sleat towards the overall costs of manufacturing self-standing picture hanging boards for use by local artists who wish to exhibit. The “Made In Sleat” summer exhibition will be one of first to use the boards which are currently under construction.
- Kat Lenz has agreed to become a director of Sleat Renewables Ltd.
- The first Forest School session will get underway this Saturday in Tormore forest. Unfortunately all places have now been taken for the two “Build a Den” sessions. Watch out for more future events and book early to avoid disappointment.
- Board meeting for Sleat Community Trading next Tuesday at 5pm.
- Thanks to Scottish Water for agreeing to a lease agreement for access to power at their Achnacloich site for one of our Broadband masts.
- We welcome Gareth Phillips, Woodland Officer, Forestry Commission Scotland, Highlands and Islands Conservancy on the 25th to inspect our recent tree planting in Tormore.
- SRL has agreed to a new Tormore harvesting contract with Scottish Woodlands Ltd. Harvesting is due to commence in Autumn.
- Thanks for all the Sleat postcard photograph’s sent in to date. Closing date for entries is 22nd March. Please submit your images by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Facebook or Twitter pages.