27 February 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 27th February
This week’s updates;
- The Community Council meeting on Tuesday 3rd March at 1930 at Seomar Cruinneachaidh, SMO, will include a presentation by Tim Stott, Principal Planner for the Highland Council Planning and Development Service on the new West Highlands and Islands Local Plan. It will be followed by a Q and A session. This will be an opportunity to learn of the proposed new Development Plan and how this will affect Sleat in the future. All are welcome.
- We welcome Kirkton Woodland’s new Forest Officer, Piotr Godziszewski, on Wednesday for a knowledge visit of Tormore Forest.
- Also on Wednesday we will be visited by Amanda Bryan of Aigas Community Forest along with 14 Inverness based students. Ron Johnstone (Chair of SRL) will lead a walk and talk for the party, along with Piotr, in Tormore Forest.
- Alan Drever (SRL) will be meeting with Alison MacLennan of RSPB and Adam Lewis of Scottish Woodlands Limited on Monday to review birdlife activity within Tormore.
- Visit Sleat have been firming up the dates for this years “Made In Sleat Exhibition”. Talla Duisdale will again be the venue and Saturday the 25th of July will be the opening day for this popular week-long event.
- Work has started to clear an area for the Annabel Pendelbury Memorial bench in Tormore Forest. A meeting with Chris Pendlebury next week is scheduled to work through a schedule for its placement.
- Interviews take place next Thursday for our Social Enterprise Administrator post.