20 February 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 20th February
The week's updates;
- Closing date is today at 5pm for the vacancy of part time Social Enterprise Administrator. If you know anyone that maybe interested in this opportunity then get them to send in their c.v. with covering letter to email@example.com or to Angus Robertson, Sleat Community Trust, Trust Offices, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS. For further information about this role please call 01471 844773 and ask for Angus or Sharon. Closing date next Friday 20th.
- Calum will be visiting Skyenet network sites with Ian Bolas of Rural Broadband Networks on Sunday and Tuesday of next week. Communities in Drinan and Glasnakillie are showing interest in joining our network when it is up and running.
- Trustees are reviewing a first draft of a new Strategic Review document which will outline future priorities and governance for the organisation.
- Planting off 17,000 Spruce saplings has now been completed in Tormore Forest.
- The new community forester at Kirkton Woodland will be visiting the Trust during w/c 2nd of March.
- Sharon will be attending the Rural Housing Scotland conference at Birnam, Perthshire on Thursday and Friday
- Thanks to Matt Harrison and Trust staff for helping clear brash & log from a blocked roadside ditch at Tormore. The Trust will be contacting Highland Council to request them to reform the drain by digging out the remaining infill of soil and leaf litter debris .
- Angus will be attending a Social Enterprise Academy course in Inverness on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Full Trust board meeting on Monday.