26 January 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 23rd January
Wee bit late as the author was away for a couple of days;
- Our community forester Chris Marsh leaves the Trust this Friday. Chris has contributed a tremendous amount to the Trust as a volunteer, working with the group that brought Tormore into community hands and in his employed position in the future planning, harvesting and replanting of our forest along with the supply of wood fuel to our customers. The Trustees, Directors and Staff all wish Chris well in his future endeavours.
- Serena Smart is the new Chair of Sleat Community Trading and Tricia Petri has agreed to become a new director of the same company.
- The Trust has secured a new loan facility with Social Investment Scotland
- Visit Sleat have been helping a consultant to the community on Great Bernera in the Western Isles, who have plans for a community buyout, with potential ways to promote their area to visitors
- Forestry Degree students from Inverness are wishing, as part of their Forestry for People module, to visit Tormore in early March to hear of the Trust’s work
- We have agreement from Scottish Water to use power from their Achnacloich site for our broadband network.
- SCT board meeting tonight.