16 January 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 16th January
With promises of -12oC this weekend wrap up warm and stay safe on the roads….your weekly updates;
- A busy week for our broadband project. Contract signed with Rural Broadband Networks to install the system and equipment has been ordered, backhaul supply is being organised through BT, there are continuing discussion with Scottish Water about using their site in Achnacloich to host and power one of our wireless masts and the village of Heaste is now joining our project with the potential of another 10 customers.
- The Trustees, Directors and Staff will be meeting at SMO on Wednesday afternoon (21st) to discuss future strategy for the organisation including governance, current and future project work and staffing requirements. Due to this the Armadale Post Office, Shop and Petrol station will be completely closed from 1pm on that day.
- Our new trees have arrived for this year’s replanting in Tormore Forest. Weather permitting the 17,000 Spruce saplings will be planted from today.
- Our trial amount of bags of split logs are now sold out. Our loaned firewood processor will be returning shortly to Laggan Forest Trust and the directors of SRL will evaluate the profitability and operation of this business before deciding how (or if) split log manufacture and supply will proceed.
- An “Awards for All” application for funding for a feasibility study for the future development of the Armadale Trading Area has been completed and will be submitted next week.
- With transport issues continuing there will be a further meeting early next week to set a date for the first Sleat Transport Forum.
- Meetings next week for the Renewables and Trading boards.