10 January 2015
Trust Snippets - w/e 9th January
Hoping everyone is safe and well after yesterday and today's stormy weather….first updates of the New Year;
- Tender documents for the network maintenance, connection of individual households and on-going customer service for our new community broadband service have been released. Closing date for submissions is the 31st January. Follow this link http://www.sleat.org.uk/library.asp for access to the document in the broadband tender folder.
- The Trustees, Directors and Staff will be meeting at SMO on the 21st January to discuss future strategy for the organisation including governance, current and future project work and staffing requirements. Thanks to HIE for providing a facilitator to keep us all on track during our meeting.
- Chris Marsh our community forester will be leaving Sleat Renewables on the 30th January for pastures new. Everyone in the Trust and Sleat Renewables wishes Chris all the very best in his new (ad)ventures.
- The new name for our broadband service is Skyenet.
- We now have very limited supplies of split log left for sale (less than 10 bags) from our trial of this potential new business. Our loaned firewood processor will be returning shortly to Laggan Forest Trust and the directors of SRL will evaluate the profitability and operation of this business before deciding how (or if) it may proceed.
- Sharon will be representing the Trust at the Rural Scotland Housing Annual Conference in Birnam at the end of February. Thanks to Rural Housing Scotland for organising a free delegate place for the Trust.
- Tricia Petri and Matt Harrison have agreed to attend the next board meetings of Trading and the Trust respectively with a view to them possibly becoming a new director and trustee of both organisations.
- Renewables is now delivering on going supplies of woodchip to SMO’s new ARKE building
- Ruaraidh will be attending a free Just Enterprise course in Inverness on Tuesday on the subject of business planning. This is part of Ruaraidh’s personal development during his graduate placement year with the Trust.