12 December 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 12th December
Weekly updates on a much calmer Sleat day weather wise….
- The Sleat Housing Needs Report is now available to view online. Thanks to Rural Housing Scotland for all their help with this great piece of work. Please follow this link to view http://s3.spanglefish.com/s/4109/documents/housing-survey/sleat-housing-report.pdf
- The main Trust board will meet on Monday and will consider papers supplied from members on a Kiln project in Tormore forest and woodland crofts.
- Thanks for all the articles for the next newsletter we are going to try and get a copy out before the starts of the holidays…..depending on next week’s workload!
- Many thanks to Andrea Kluge for running a Xmas wreath making workshop last Saturday at the Trust Offices. All attendees were fulsome in their praise of both the tutor and of the workshop. All fees paid went to the Trust's fund for new fuel facilities. Mòran taing Andrea!
- Due to the inclement weather the walk over for the potential site for Green Burials in Tormore Forest with Chris Marsh had to be cancelled and will be rescheduled in the New Year.
- A successful first load of woodchip has been delivered to James MacQueen Builders for testing of their new biomass heating equipment located at Crossal.
- We still have some stock left of split firewood for log burners/household fires in m3 bags from Tormore Forest. Cost £52.50 plus delivery (Sleat only). Call 01471 844773 to book your bag or email firstname.lastname@example.org . When they’re gone they are gone!