05 December 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 5th December
Weekly updates to warm you up on these chilly winter days….
- New festive stock is now on sale at the Armadale Post Office. Thanks to the shop staff for their great Christmas display. Shop local if you can this December!
- Online update. The Trust has reached over 400 likes on Facebook and close to 200 followers on Twitter.
- Lindsay Simpson of HIE will visit the Trust next week.
- Sharon has been trained to submit the Trust’s annual OSCR return.
- Trustees and directors will walk over the potential site for Green Burials in Tormore Forest with Chris Marsh on Thursday.
- A successful first load of woodchip has been delivered to the new ARKE building at Kilbeg for testing of their new biomass heating equipment.
- Good meeting regarding a Sleat Transport Forum. Plans are being made for a more open meeting in the New Year with invitations to the Sleat community and transport providers.
- We still have some stock left of split firewood for log burners/household fires in m3 bags from Tormore Forest. Cost £52.50 plus delivery (Sleat only). Call 01471 844773 to book your bag or email email@example.com . When they’re gone they are gone!
- Angus will be attending a meeting of the SLCVO board on Monday in Portree.
- Meetings ago go next week with board meetings for the Trading and Renewables subsidiary boards and the Trust will also meet with the Community Council.