28 November 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 28th November
and the sun keeps shining….weekly updates from the Trust
- Andrea Kluge will be hosting a Christmas Wreath Making workshop at the Trust offices on the afternoon of the 6th of December. Cost is £12.50 to attend and places are limited to six. Book by call Andrea on 01471 844249 after 12.30pm or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great piece in the WHFP this week featuring the Trust and also nice to be included in their editorial as well. This was on the back of a PR push by Social Investment Scotland and it was a good opportunity to thank them for their past and continuing support.
- Next week Angus will be at a Community Land Scotland board meeting in Nairn and at a HISEZ social enterprise networking lunch in Broadford.
- Calum has been out and about looking at potential broadband sites with access to power in Ord and Camuscross. Good meeting with Community Broadband Scotland last week in regard to next project steps and backhaul. Next week Calum will be out in the Small Isles talking to Rural Broadband Networks about the installation project timeline.
- Next week we will be delivering our first load of woodchip to the new ARKE building at Kilbeg for testing of their new biomass heating equipment.
- The Trust will meet on Wednesday with representatives of the Community Council and Sabhal Mor Ostaig to further discuss the next steps for a Sleat Transport Forum.
- We still have some stock left of split firewood for log burners/household fires in m3 bags from Tormore Forest. Cost £52.50 plus delivery (Sleat only). Call 01471 844773 to book your bag or email email@example.com . When they’re gone they are gone!
- Thanks to Seall for donating their raffle proceeds from the recent Fred Morrison concert to our Think Tank funding project.
- New Xmas stock in our shop including cards, chocolates and gifts….shop local and support your local community group!