21 November 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 21st November
Rounding off a great week of Autumn weather….weekly updates from the Trust
- Great interest in our supplies of split firewood for log burners/household fires in m3 bags from Tormore Forest. Cost £52.50 plus delivery (Sleat only). Call 01471 844773 to book your bag or email email@example.com . When they’re gone they are gone!
- Social Investment Scotland have been featuring SCT as a case study at their Investment Readiness workshops and are now launching their national SIS Impact Evaluation which will also include printed materials about our community group and projects.
- Sleat Nrsery and Fas Mor will be receiving some off-cut pieces of timber from Tormore Forest to make an outdoor play equipment. Bun-sgoil Shlèite will also be receiving a Xmas Tree from the forest courtesy of the Trust
- Angus will be giving a presentation at a Social Enterprise Academy course for emerging leaders in Contin on Tuesday night.
- Andrea Kluge will be hosting a Christmas Wreath Making workshop at the Trust offices on the afternoon of the 6th of December. Cost is £12.50 to attend and places are limited to six. Book by call Andrea on 01471 844249 after 12.30pm or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calum Stiven has started in his new role as Broadband Development Officer and is meeting today with Community Broadband Scotland to start working through a programme plan for the wirelesses infrastructure roll out.
- Chris will be out with Roger Cottis on Monday conducting a wildlife survey for the new road line for next year’s forest harvesting.
- Calling all South Skye bakers! We have a fabulous new range of flours in stock at the Armadale Community Shop and Fuel Station. Time to start baking all those Xmas goodies. We'd love to see pictures of what you bake!
- Today is the deadline date for news items for the next issue of the An Slèiteach community newsletter. Thanks for all the articles to date. Send your story to email@example.com