14 November 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 14th November
After a short break they are back….weekly updates on all that’s going on in the Trust;
- We are currently conducting a pilot process for the manufacture and delivery of split log. This will decide if this is a viable and profitable business for Sleat Renewables to maintain moving forward. Through this process we have limited supplies of split firewood for log burners/household fires in m3 bags from Tormore Forest. Cost £52.50 plus delivery (Sleat only). Call 01471 844773 to book your bag. When they’re gone they are gone!
- Angus attended the first Rural Scottish Parliament in Oban last week. Interesting stuff with land reform, broadband, delivery charges and the future for community councils just some of the key themes. Looks likely to be held every two years with a new location each time. Time will tell how much effect it has in regard to change in Scotland’s rural areas.
- Moira Johnson of Drumfearn has decided to step down as a Trustee of SCT. Many thanks to Moira for all her inputs and help during her time on the board.
- Regarding the above we now have a need for a new Trustee. If you are a member of the Trust then why not get involved with your local development charity? Come and find out more about how it works and what it does before you sign up. Drop into our office between 9am and 5pm this week or email email@example.com if you are interested in this very rewarding position which takes up very little spare time.
- With Sleat Renewables approval Chris donated an afternoon of his work time last week at Bun-sgoil Shlèite to clear out shrubbery and prune some of the trees around the school’s garden area.
- Calum Stiven starts back with us on Monday on a three day a week short term contract. With Calum back onboard we will start to drive forward with our plans for our Broadband Wireless network for those part of Sleat with no chance of a superfast fibre upgrade.
- SCT has sold several items, that were loaned to the now closed Garden of Skye allotment project, to the Broadford Community Woodland group as they start their own Green Growers initiative.
- Andrea Kluge will be hosting a Christmas Wreath Making workshop at the Trust offices on the afternoon of the 6th of December. Cost is £12.50 to attend and places are limited to six. Book by call Andrea on 01471 844249 after 12.30pm or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our deadline date for news items for the next issue of the An Slèiteach community newsletter has been extended to the 21st November. Thanks for all the articles to date. Send your story to email@example.com
- Donations keep coming in for our Think Tank project and our total is now £2100. Our new campaign logo was unveiled at our AGM a couple of weeks ago and we will be seeing a lot more of “Fillup” the petrol pump in various media over the next weeks and months. Please keep donating via this link https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7rpI0