24 October 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 24th October
Trust weekly updates are back with a bumper issue;
- The Trust’s AGM is next Weds at 7pm in Seòmar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig. We have a guest presentation from Assynt and Knoydart regarding their knowledge visit to Romania, updates on all our projects including Broadband, FREE drinks and light buffet after the meeting and the announcement of a NEW Trust enterprise. If you are a member please come along and join us. This is your chance to find out more about your community organisation and to get your questions/queries answered.
- Our Think Tank fundraising project for new fuel pumps continues. Recent highlights include the choosing of a new campaign logo (watch out for “Fillup the Pump” coming soon to an inbox near you), the donation of a signed copy of the new Great Book of Skye which is now being auctioned on Ebay Click this link to make a bid http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Great-Book-of-Skye-Signed-by-the-Authors-Norman-Macdonald-Cailean-Maclean-/221582093750?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123 and various donations bringing our new overall total to around £1500.
- A representative of Glendale Trust will pop in to the Trust office on Monday afternoon to find out about what we do in our organistiont.
- Angus will be representing the Trust at the Scottish Rural Parliament in Oban during the first week of November and at the SLCVO’s AGM next Thursday night, 7pm in Aros, Portree.
- In the world of social media the Trust has gained 128 new “likes” to its Facebook page (thanks to Ruairidh for helping with this) and this brings our total page “likes” to 382. We also have over 160 Twitter followers @SleatComTrust. Regular updates are posted on both sites for anyone that wishes to catch up with all our day to day news.
- We have received a draft copy of our commissioned report by Rural Housing Scotland into Sleat Housing Needs. We hope to publish the final report next month.
- Chris organised and attended a half-day chainsaw refresher course at Tormore this week.
- Angus attended a meeting on Thursday with representatives of the Community Council and Sabhal Mor Ostaig as a first step to the formation of a Sleat Transport Forum. The Forum will lobby for better ferry, bus and onward transport services for the area.
- 17,000 Spruce saplings have been ordered for replanting in Tormore Forest in the New Year.
- Meetings have been held this week for both subsidiaries Trading and Renewables.
- We are now accepting news items for the next issue of the An Slèiteach community newsletter. Deadline date for entries is the 11th November.