Another beautiful day on the Isle of Skye…this week’s sunny updates;
• Thanks to all who came along to our Armadale Trading site on Wednesday to be part of the big picture as we start to fundraise for new fuel pumps. Next week we hope to launch our crowd funding website and in the coming months we will also have various other initiatives to help us move towards our £40K goal.
• On Tuesday and Wednesday next week Jane, Peter and Angus will conduct a knowledge visit to three Green and Natural burial sites in Findhorn, Turriff and Grantown on Spey. Thanks to HIE for their help with funding this visit.
• Chris popped into Laggan Forest Trust this week to talk about their firewood business and look at equipment we may lease for our own project.
• Angus will be attending a Skye and Lochalsh Council for Voluntary Organisations board meeting in Portree on Monday.
• Chris, with the agreement of Sleat Renewables, will be giving a few hours of time to help clear and thin trees at the Bun-sgoil Shlèite garden.
• We have vacancies for one individual on the boards of The Trust and Sleat Trading. Applicants must be members of the Trust. If you are interested in joining a board and helping our great Sleat community continue to thrive then please get in touch by calling 01471 844773 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by popping into the Trust Offices in Armadale (next to the filling station) for a chat.
• Domestic log sales are available at £31.50 per tonne but excludes delivery (quote will be given) in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.