….at the end of another busy week in Trust land;
• The Trust has secured funding from Highlands and Islands Enterprise’s (Maximising Communities Asset Fund) to go on a knowledge visit in the coming weeks of Green and Natural Burial sites around the North Of Scotland.
• A warm welcome to Peter Roberts of Ardvasar who has become a Trustee of SCT representing the Environment Group.
• Notice has been given of a possible visit by the board of Highlands and Islands Enterprise to the Trust at the end of September.
• Lots of new wholefoods in stock in our Armadale shop including; Pumpernickel, Tahini (thought this was an island in the south Pacific), Coconut Milk, Thai Green curry paste, spicy lemon Tagine paste and a vast selection of nuts.
• Chris will be attending a course on Equestrian Access in Newtonmore next week. The course is hosted by Paths for All and the British Horse Society and will help shape our policy of horse access in Tormore Forest.
• We have vacancies for one individual for each of our boards (The Trust, Sleat Renewables and Sleat Trading). Applicants must be members of the Trust. If you are interested in joining a board and helping our great Sleat community continue to thrive then please get in touch by calling 01471 844773 or emailing email@example.com or by popping into the Trust Offices in Armadale (next to the filling station) for a chat.
• Delegates from Reforesting Scotland will visit Tormore Forest as part of their annual gathering in early October which is being held in Kyleakin Hall.
• Domestic log sales are available at £31.50 per tonne but excludes delivery (quote will be given) in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.