Your Friday Fix of Trust updates;
• Starting with a few staff updates. Ruairidh Graham begins his one year Graduate Development Officer role this Monday. Ruairidh will be focusing on a feasibility study and options appraisal for the potential development of our Armadale Trading Area.
• Happy also to announce that Fiona Mackinnon of Aird will be starting on the 22nd of September as our new sales assistant in our busy community Post Office, Shop and Filling Station.
• And finally relating to staff….Colm Boyd leaves us today to return to his university studies in Glasgow. We wish him well.
• With the peak of the summer tourist season coming to an end, the Post Office and Filling station will revert on Monday to the following hours 8.30 to 5.30pm Mon – Fri and 9.00 to 5.00pm on a Saturday.
• We have vacancies for one individual for each of our boards (The Trust, Sleat Renewables and Sleat Trading). Applicants must be members of the Trust. If you are interested in joining a board and helping our great Sleat community continue to thrive then please get in touch by calling 01471 844773 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by popping into the Trust Offices in Armadale (next to the filling station) for a chat.
• Angus will be presenting at a SLCVO event in Portree on Tuesday which is themed around Community Interest Companies and Social Enterprise.
• Small bags of Tormore split log are now for sale at Armadale Post Office. £6.50 per bag.
• Domestic log sales are available at £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.