Your Friday Fix of Trust updates;
• Rural Housing Scotland (RHS) will be hosting a drop-in Sleat Housing Needs Surgery this Thursday 28th August 2014 at the Trust Offices, Armadale between noon & 3pm. An opportunity for all to engage with RHS who can give you advice and support on housing issues. It is a chance for you to query the recent housing needs survey and seek help if required. This is also your opportunity to contribute to the final report.
• The date of the Trust’s AGM has now been fixed at the 29th Of October from 7pm in Seomar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig.
• Coigach Assynt Living Landscape project are looking at dates to present an overview of their Romanian exchange visit during the next few months to the Sleat community.
• Chris is attending the Community Woodland Conference in Dunbar this weekend.
• The Junior Climate Challenge Fund board will be meeting in Sleat in October and will visit the Trust for an overview of our Clean Sleat project.
Happy to announce that Ruairidh Graham (Lower Breakish) will start as our Graduate Development Officer on the 1st of September.
• Chris will meet with Scottish Woodlands next week to discuss 2015 harvesting and new forest roading requirements.
• Domestic log sales are available at £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.
• ………and finally it’s the 117th board meeting of Trustees on Monday!