Your Friday Fix of Trust updates;
• Today is the last day to return completed Housing Need Surveys to us. Rural Housing Scotland (RHS) aim to have a drop in session at the end of the month at the Trust offices for community members to get any particular issues across relating to this subject. A report will then be collated by RHS on all research carried out and published to all.
• We are re-advertising for the position of Sales Assistant based at our busy Armadale Community Post Office and Petrol Station starting in late August. Our rate for this vacancy is £7.50 per hour. We are looking for a well organised, customer orientated individual with previous experience of a retail environment. If you wish to apply send a cover letter and CV to Sleat Community Trust Office, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS or email to email@example.com for further information. Shop opening hours are 8.30am to 6.30pm Mon – Friday, 9am to 5pm - Sat (Summer til October) and 9.00am to 5.00pm Mon - Sat (Winter).
• Our annual electrical check of our community fuel station has been carried out and happy to report a clean bill of health was given.
• Chris will be attending the Community Woodland Conference in Dunbar next week. The theme of the conference is “Making the connections”, focussing on how community woodlands connect with different sections of the communities they serve, and how they link up the economic, social and environmental benefits they produce.
• First pilot delivery of woodchip was made to An Acarsaid in Broadford this week along with a second delivery to Kyle swimming pool. Great to have these two new customers on board.
• Domestic log sales are available at £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.
• Thanks to all that follow us on Twitter @SleatComTrust. We have reached a goal of over 100 followers in a short period of time.
• Board meetings for Renewables and Trading next week.