Your Friday Fix of Trust Updates;
• SCT Trustees and Staff met the Princess Royal yesterday at Clan Donald. HRH was very interested in the work of our community group and spent time talking to all attendees about our projects. Thanks to the Skye Terrier Club for inviting us along to this event.
• The “Made in Sleat” exhibition starts tomorrow at Talla Duisdale. 16 local artists and makers will be showing (and selling) their work for one week from 10am to 5pm each day. The exhibition has its own dedicated website at www.madeinsleat.co.uk
• The Sleat Housing Needs Survey was supplied via our newsletter last week. Please help us shape future housing supply in Sleat by returning your form as soon as possible to the Trust. The online survey is still open at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TKVXBCK
• Sleat Renewables has made its first trial delivery of woodchip to Kyle Swimming Pool. We hope to start supply this new customer in the next few weeks.
• Calum is back from his World Cup sojourn continuing with his broadband project by getting agreements from Highland Council and the Forestry Commission for two mast sites for our proposed network at Mallaig High School and in Kinloch Forest. Next week we meet with CBS for an update meeting regarding our funding application.
• Domestic log sales are available at £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.
• Main Trust board meeting on Monday.
• There will be no Trust updates next week as Angus is off to the Commonwealth Games!