04 July 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 4th July
Your Friday Fix of Trust Updates ;
- The 'Great Sleat Tour' starts next Tuesday. The tour lasts 2½ hours taking in the Tarskavaig Loop Road and Isle Ornsay, it costs £15 and will operate every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the summer with two departure times from Armadale Pier (11.30am and 2.30pm) and from Sleat Community Trading (11.45am and 2.45pm). Perfect if you are visiting Skye on a day trip from Mallaig. Book by phone on 01471 844249 or by popping into Sleat Community Trading (Armadale PO) to get your tickets. Brought to you by Visit Sleat.. a Trust community project.
- We said farewell to Jasmine from the Post Office and Filling Station this week. Many thanks to her for all her hard work and perseverance over the past year….all done with a great attitude and a cheery demeanour. We will miss you!
- …..and following on from the above we have a vacancy for the position of Sales Assistant based at our busy Armadale Community Post Office and Petrol Station starting in late August. Our rate for this vacancy is £7.50 per hour and we can guarantee a minimum of 17 hours per week on a flexible shift system. If you wish to apply send a cover letter and CV to Sleat Community Trust Office, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS or email to email@example.com for further information. Closing date the 18th of July.
- The Trust has now joined the Twittersphere. Follow us @sleatcomtrust
- Keep those Housing Needs Surveys coming in. We have had a great response so far! Follow this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TKVXBCK to help shape what housing solutions are needed for Sleat in the future.
- We have decided to re-advertise for our Graduate Development officer role. Details can be found by following this link http://www.scotgrad.co.uk/companies/s/sleat-community-trust/placements/graduate-development-officer-mjuqhcpejh and the new closing date is the 20th of July.
- An update we missed from a couple of weeks ago was that Sleat Renewables was happy to donate a small load of woodchip to Bun-sgoil Shlèite to help with their path networks.
- Great meetings this week with Lindsay Simpson of HIE and Robin Jackson of Highland Opportunity. Subjects covered included green burial knowledge visits, feasibility study funding for the potential Trading area redevelopment and the start-up costs involved in split log manufacture/delivery.
- Domestic log sales are available again at £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.
- Summer holidays start for Trust staff from today. Chris is the first off for a couple of weeks. Please bear with us over the school holidays if we don’t answer your calls or enquiries immediately. We will have coverage every day in the office….it may just take us a wee while to juggle the workload ;.) Happy holidays one and all.