27 June 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 27th June
Here are this week’s updates;
- Our funding application has now been formally submitted to Community Broadband Scotland for our proposed wireless network to cover those areas of Sleat with a poor current service and no chance of future fibre upgrades. Hope to hear in a month or so if we have been successful.
- The following link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TKVXBCK is being circulated online for our Sleat Housing Needs Survey which is being carried out by Rural Housing Scotland. Printed surveys for members to fill in, that are not online, will be out next week or so in our community newsletter An Slèiteach.
- We have a vacancy for the position of Sales Assistant based at our busy Armadale Community Post Office and Petrol Station starting in late August. Our rate for this vacancy is £7.50 per hour and we can guarantee a minimum of 17 hours per week on a flexible shift system. If you wish to apply send a cover letter and CV to Sleat Community Trust Office, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Chris has been liaising with harvesting contractors regarding work this summer on clearing a stand of forest for next year’s SRL wood fuel supply.
- Angus has been happy to again help Kyle and Lochalsh Development Trust with interviews for their Project Manager post.
- Next week we will be interviewing for our Graduate Development officer post.
- Domestic log sales are available again at £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.
- Lindsay Simpson of HIE will visit next week to discuss future potential support for our project work.
- Trust Board meeting on Monday.