20 June 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 20th June
Here are this week’s updates;
- Chris Marsh is at the Royal Highland Show today where he will accept a Commended Award, on behalf of the Trust, as part of the Scotland’s Finest Woods Awards ceremony. Paul Wheelhouse, MSP and Environment & Climate Change Minister will present the award which is for the Trust’s work in Tormore Forest.
- Flyers will start to pop up soon to advertise a “Made in Sleat” exhibition which has been organised by the Visit Sleat team. Fifteen local artists and designers will be showing their work (which can also be purchased) at Duisdale Hall from Saturday 26th July to Saturday 2nd August between 10am and 5.00pm.
- The An Slèiteach newsletter should be out within the next week or so. Thanks to all that contributed articles. This issue will contain the Sleat Housing Needs survey. Please help us understand our areas housing needs by completing and returning the survey to the Trust.
- Sleat Community Council has its AGM on Tuesday 24th June at 1930 in Seomar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig. All are invited to attend.
- New bilingual signage is now in place to promote our community Fuel Station, Post Office and Shop at Armadale.
- Domestic log sales are available again. £31.50 per tonne, which includes VAT, plus delivery in 10 tonne loads. These logs will be in 5 metre lengths thus more room will be needed to store and some help with handling will be required during cutting.
- New stocks of Highland Wholefoods, Skin So Soft (to keep those pesky midges away), greetings cards and Isle of Skye candles in our shop along with a freezer bursting with a great selection of ice creams and lollies.
- Board meeting next week for Renewables. Further meetings are scheduled with Community Broadband Scotland, Highland Opportunity and SLCVO.