13 June 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 13th June
Here are this week’s updates;
- An excellent conference last week hosted by Community Land Scotland at Sabhal Mor Ostaig. Several announcements made which will have far reaching implications, including the Crown Estates allowing community groups to purchase foreshore rights adjacent to land they own and the announcement by Paul Wheelhouse MSP that a Land Reform Bill designed to shake up land ownership in Scotland is to be introduced before this parliament ends in 2016.
- At the same conference it was also great to hear Sleat’s own Megan MacInnes presenting on her work with Global Witness, an organisation that “investigates and campaigns to change the system by exposing the economic networks behind conflict, corruption and environmental destruction”.
- Chris has been helping a documentary crew who are making a programme for Japanese TV focusing on the wildlife of the area.
- Great news that Highland Council like Visit Sleat’s Local Path’s Leaflet so much that they have agreed to fund a new 10,000 print run for distribution throughout the Highlands.
- Our accountant Andy Cumming of Mann Judd will pitch up at the Trust’s offices next week for the annual getting together of our charity and business accounts.
- Chris will be attending a woodlands awards ceremony at the Royal Highland Show next Friday.
- Trading board meeting next Wednesday.
- Our print deadline for articles for the next An Sleiteach is the 16th of June. Please forward your items of local news or interest to email@example.com