30 May 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 30th May
Here are this week’s updates;
- The Trust is currently advertising for a Graduate Development Officer through the ScotGrad website. A link to the vacancy can be followed here; http://www.scotgrad.co.uk/companies/s/sleat-community-trust/placements/graduate-development-officer-mjuqhcpejh The closing date for applications is the 17th of June.
- In relation to the above, thanks to Highland Council, and Skye councillors in particular, for agreeing in principle, an award of £1500 to support this new role for Sleat Community Trust.
- A free Bumblebee workshop is taking place tomorrow at Ardvasar Hall. There is a choice of two session times for those that wish to attend of 10am -1pm and 2pm -5pm.
- The Trust is now registered on the Easyfundraising website. Sign up today and every time you buy online a small percentage will go to the Trust. There is no extra cost to the user on the goods they buy and all the funds will go to helping projects and good causes within our community. Go on give it a go! Link to follow http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/sleatct/
- Its back!....our spare foreign or old currency collecting bucket is on the counter in the Armadale Post Office again. Look out your left over holiday money and get it in the bucket please! All money raised goes to charity.
- Next week (Friday and Saturday) the Community Land Scotland conference takes place at Sabhal Mor Ostaig. The Trust has been offered a couple of free delegate places for anyone interested in going along. The main ministerial speaker is Paul Wheelhouse MSP. Get in touch with Angus at email@example.com if you wish to take up a free place.
- New stocks of Honey and Venison in our shop along with a great selection of ice creams and lollies (now that summer has arrived!)
- Our print deadline for articles for the next An Sleiteach is the 16th of June. Please forward your items of local news or interest to firstname.lastname@example.org