16 May 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 16th May
Here are this week’s updates;
- The Trust has completed a two day knowledge visit for the Ross of Mull and Iona Development organisation. During their time with us the five participants were treated to presentations on Tormore Forest and the governance/finances of running this specific Trust project. A tour of Tormore completed the visit. Pleased to say all involved felt the long journey was extremely worthwhile. The group are currently working their way through a National Forest Land Scheme application for a forest on Mull.
- Andrea Kluge of Ferindonald has accepted our offer of employment as a sales assistant at the Armadale Post Office and Fuel Station. Andrea officially starts on the 9th of June but will be around prior to that for some initial training. Please give Andrea a great welcome when you see her over the coming weeks.
- The Trust will welcome Jean Urquhart MSP for a visit to hear about our community organisation next Thursday.
- Our environment group will be running a bee workshop on the 31st of May. More details next week.
- Thanks to Amanda Bryan, Forestry Commissioner for Scotland and James Ogilvie, who is Social & Planning policy advisor at Forestry Commission Scotland, for visiting the Trust to hear about our community forest .
- The Trust has applied to ScotGrad for part funding for a graduate development officer.
- Calum will visit Mull next week to find out about their broadband project and Green transport strategy .
- Angus will be part of an interview panel on Tuesday for the Kyle Development Trust as they seek a new Project Manager.
- Trading and Renewables board meeting’s next week.
- Finally, we are starting to gather articles for the next An Sleiteach. Please forward your items of local news or interest to email@example.com