09 May 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 9th May
Here are this week’s updates;
- In the next few weeks the Trust will be undertaking a Sleat Housing Needs Survey in conjunction with Rural Housing Scotland (RHS). Thanks to the following for helping with funding this important body of work; Sabhal Mor Ostaig, Highland Council, Lochalsh and Skye Housing Association and Fearann Eilean Iarmain.
- Interviews for the vacant Sales Assistant position have been completed and an offer of employment has been made. Thanks to all our stand in (out?) staff at the Post Office and Petrol Station (Liz, Polly and Jane) and to the fantastic Jasmine Threlfall for helping to keep the shop/PO open during this time.
- The Trust will welcome Jean Urquhart MSP for a visit to hear about our community organisation on the 22nd of May.
- Next week we welcome a delegation from South West Mull and Iona Development Trust to discuss how we went about buying Tormore Forest and to see what we are doing post purchase.
- Also next week we will meet with Amanda Bryan, Forestry Commissioner for Scotland, along with James Ogilvie who is Social & Planning policy advisor at Forestry Commission Scotland.
- A visit on Thursday by Sandra Byrne from Community Broadband Scotland makes up a busy week for the Trust.
- Chris is attending a training day on pesticides in Inverness today.
- A full risk assessment has been carried out of our Fuel station by Suresite.
- Finally we are starting to gather articles for the next An Sleiteach. Please forward your items of local news or interest to firstname.lastname@example.org