02 May 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 2nd May
Here are this week’s updates;
- Today is the last day for applications for our Sales Assistant vacancy at our busy Armadale Post Office and Shop. Send a cover letter and CV to Sleat Community Trust Office, Armadale, Sleat, IV45 8RS or email to email@example.com or call 01471 844773 if you wish to apply.
- The Trust has been nominated and short listed in the sustainable land section of the inaugural FRESH awards run by Fintry Community Trust. Prize giving is tonight and will be hosted by Lesley Riddoch.
- Sleat Community Trading has a legal obligation to open the Post Office 5 mornings a week. We also open the Post Office in the afternoons on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and on a Saturday morning, as an additional service to the community. However there may be times (for example when volunteer staff are on duty) when the Post Office is not open some afternoons. We apologise if this causes inconvenience, but to be sure we strongly suggest you undertake Post Office work during a morning visit. Can we also remind customers, as Monday 5th May is a bank holiday, the Post Office will not be open all day.
- We have had confirmation that a delegation from South West Mull and Iona Development will visit the Trust and Tormore Forest during w/c 11th May.
- That week we will also host a visit by Amanda Bryan, Forestry Commissioner for Scotland, along with James Ogilvie who is Social & Planning policy advisor at Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Waverley tickets are now on sale in our shop for sailings on the 28th and 31st of May from Armadale pier. Get yours now before they sell out!
- Good news that Sabhal Mor Ostaig have decided to heat their new ARKE building with wood chips.
- Finally congratulations from the Trust to Seall who will host their 1000 event over the weekend at Sabhal Mor Ostaig.