This week’s updates;
• Mucho work being carried out at our Armadale Trading area. Painting has begun of the exterior of the Farm Shop, Armadale Bikes new cycle storage facility is taking shape and a brand new ice cream freezer stocked with lots of goodies has arrived in time for the summer season. Staff have also been laying out parking bays for shop and Post Office customers. Can we ask all patrons to park behind staff cars if you are using any of the facilities for a short while.
• At the Trust board meeting on Monday night it was decided to close the Tormore Enterprise Fund to new applications. Keep in touch with the Trust’s media outlets for any future announcement regarding the reopening of the Fund.
• The Trust has been invited to a Broadband meeting on the 26th of April at Sabhal Mor Ostaig with a variety of other west coast communities, individuals and organisations to look at the possibility of a partnership large wireless network which could involve our area. This is an invitation only event.
• South West Mull and Iona Development Trust have been in touch to arrange an educational visit to view Trust activities and in particular Tormore Forest in mid May.
• A petrol station risk assessment audit and training day will be carried out by external consultants in the next few weeks.
• Input has been given to a field study trip from Aberdeen University regarding services on Skye and in particular our fuel station.
• Invitations have been received for attendance at the Scottish Highland Renewable Energy Conference in Inverness on the 24th April.
• Over the next two Easter weeks all the staff will have holidays (although not all at the same time) therefore communication both direct and through social media may not be as quick as usual. Happy holidays!