This week’s updates;
• Pleased to announce that Armadale Bike Hire will be operating from our busy Trading area this summer. Local owner Willie Threlfall will be building a storage shed for his bikes at the side of the Trust’s office allowing visitors to explore our beautiful area on two wheels almost as soon as they come on to the island.
• All is in place for the Trust’s 10th Anniversary Ceilidh. We just need you all to come along on the night! Tickets can be bought at the Trust’s office or on the door next Friday night from 7pm.
• Timber haulage starts again on Monday from Tormore Forest and will continue over the next three to four months.
• Best of luck to Martin from the Skye Farm Shop at the Scottish Variety Awards Ceremony in Glasgow this weekend.
• Great meeting this week with Michael Taylor (originally from Botswana) representing the International Land Coalition which is based in Rome and Peter Peacock of Community Land Scotland.
• Planning permission has now been submitted by the Mountain Bothies Association for the renovation of Dalavil Bothy
• As part of Seall’s 1000th Event Celebration in May the group has launched the 'Seall Shoe Share Challenge'. The goal is to collect 1000 pairs of shoes and we have a yellow bin collection point outside the Armadale Post Office. All money raised through this event will be donated to a local charity.
• Angus will be presenting at Portree on Wednesday as part of a Community Land Scotland event to groups thinking of purchasing land.
• Next week we have meetings of the Renewables and Trading boards.