This week’s updates;
• Huge amount of effort being put into arrangements for our 10th Anniversary Bash on the 28th March. Three local bands, one individual Gaelic singer, one piece of poetry reading, two local food providers and a mega raffle are all now in place! Get your tickets now!
• Tomorrow the Environment group host their Aspen tree project event. Presentations by John Parrott from Coille Alba are at 10am or 2pm in Ardvasar Hall and are followed by field demonstrations on identifying and collecting cuttings
• Planting in Tormore Forest of all our new saplings will be completed by next Friday and with internal forest roading now in place, spring time harvesting starts today!
• The Trust has been asked to join a steering group to look at the possibility of hosting a Sleat Crofting Commonwealth Games sometime in the summer.
• Possible visit next week by Michael Taylor from the International Land Coalition which is based in Rome and Peter Peacock of Community Land Scotland.
• Preparations are underway for the Trust to host a visit by the top executives and district managers of Forestry Commission Scotland on the 24th April.
• Isle of Skye Bakery will be down at the Sleat Trading area tomorrow morning!