This week’s updates;
• Angus attended a Community Land Scotland board meeting yesterday in Inverness. Part of the meeting discussed the programme for their Annual Conference which will once again be held in the stunning location that is Sabhal Mor Ostaig on the 6th and 7th June. With around 120 delegates expected, this is a great boost to our economy and an endorsement of the hospitality the delegates enjoyed at last year’s event at the same venue.
• Community Broadband Scotland have been to visit the Trust to discuss the fast moving world of wireless technology. Discussions centred on the possibility of a north west highland coastal network being put in place which Sleat could access backhaul from and an update was also given on State Aid restrictions by our development officer Sandra Byrne.
• The Community Council now has its own Facebook page….please “like” it!
• The Trust will meet with various community members next Weds to discuss possible operating frameworks for a Sleat constituted group to represent the elderly within the area.
• Angus will be attending a SLCVO board meeting in Portree on Monday and present at a Social Enterprise Academy seminar in Auchtertyre on Thursday.
• A magnificent list of raffle prizes has been gathered by Sharon for our 10th Anniversary bash….more details to follow!
• Finally, Calum returned from his Talent Scotland training week in Muir of Ord and grabbed third prize in his final presentation exercise from a field of 18 participants. Well done Calum!