28 February 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 28th February
This week’s updates;
- At last week’s Trust board meeting, two new applicants to the Tormore Enterprise Fund received grants. The South Skye Camera Club were awarded funds for a pin hole photography project, which will be run in partnership with Bun-sgoil Shlèite pupils and Stuart Shone was successful in securing a grant which will part fund a briquetting machine to make wood fuel blocks from sawdust produced from his carpentry business.
- Chris Marsh will be hosting a Tormore Forest community consultation drop in session between 2 and 5pm tomorrow (1st of March) at the Trust’s offices. This is your chance to let the Trust know what community projects you would like us to pursue at Tormore.
- Jane and Angus will represent the Trust at the official ground breaking ceremony for the first phase of the Kilbeg development on Monday.
- Tree planting begins again in the forest next week. Thirty five thousand saplings including 1700 Aspen will be planted by local contractors over the next couple of weeks.
- Encouraging meeting this week with Robertson Construction regarding biomass facilities for the new ARKE building at Kilbeg.
- The Trust meets today with a representative of the Garden of Skye project to hear an update on their present and future activities.
- Angus will be attending a Community Land Scotland board meeting in Inverness on Thursday.
- Chris has a GIS mapping training day with Iain Turnbull at Balmacara next Tuesday.