21 February 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 21st February
This week’s updates;
- Brilliant to see the students and lecturers from Flensburg University back in Sleat this Wednesday. They were “treated” to a Trust presentation, a visit to Sabhal Mor Ostaig and Tormore Community Forest where a wood chipping was taking place into our new shed. We wish them well with their project in Applecross, where they will be looking at energy efficiency, renewables and wood fuel supply.
- Congratulations to the Visit Sleat team who have attracted several new members to the group (nearly 50 now!). In addition the projects Facebook page has over 660 “likes” with one post, about the new Torabhaig distillery this week, getting to date, 104 shares and over 10,000 views. Great work by the Visit Sleat’s small volunteer team of Jane, Rob and Rupert to promote the area to visitors.
- Angus and Chris had a productive meeting with Boyd Robertson and Donnie Munro regarding potential wood chip supply to the new ARKE building at Sabhal Mor Ostaig.
- Next Wednesday the environment group will host the first of their winter talks series in Armadale Hall at 7.30pm. Dr Steven Bungard will be leading a Biodiversity talk about “Plants of Sleat and Beyond” at the Hall. All are welcome to this Free event.
- We are running a competition to design a new logo for Sleat which can be used on tourist ware which we will sell through our shop. The details of this Trading competition, which has a cash prize of £200, can be found in our documents section.
- Calum will be attending a Talent Scotland training event as part of his graduate support contract next week in Muir of Ord.
- The Trust main board will meet this Monday.