15 February 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 14th February
Apologies for the lateness but here are this week’s updates;
- Angus has returned from a BioEnergy UHI funded short study tour to North Karelia, Finland. More info about this EU multi country project can be found here http://www.biopad.eu/
- The Trust welcomes international students and lecturers from Flensburg University this Wednesday. The students are carrying out an energy efficiency project in Applecross and will visit the Trust to discuss our Clean Sleat project, Tormore Forest and biomass. They have an open project launch conference on the following day, Thursday the 20th February in Applecross, and more info can be found here if you wish to attend https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/applecross-energy-matters-conference-tickets-6391925421
- Calum has made great strides with finding a suitable broadband mast site in Mallaig after meetings with representatives of Highland Council and Mallaig High School
- Chris and Angus meet with representatives of Sabhal Mor Ostaig on Monday to discuss wood fuel supply options for the new ARKE building.
- Highland Council have agreed to £500 of funding towards our Sleat Housing Needs Survey.
- The next copy of the An Sleiteach is out now and should be falling through members letter boxes this week. If you aren’t a member of the Trust a copy can be purchased for a £1 in the Trading shop. Thanks to Duncan, Polly and to all the contributors of articles for the newsletter.
- Sleat Renewables board meeting this week.