07 February 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 7th February
This week’s updates;
- A delegation of six from Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) visited the Trust on Tuesday (see pic). Visitors included Simon Hodge, Chief Executive of Forest Enterprise Scotland and Brendan Callaghan, Head of Delivery and Regions who were treated to a Trust presentation and were impressed with the “operating model” in regard to Tormore Community Forest.
- Photo attached of the first wood chipping to be deposited into our new shed at Tormore. Well done Chris!
- Calum is meeting today with representatives of Rural Broadband Networks and Mallaig High School in regard to backhaul and mast sites for the Sleat broadband project.
- A clean bill of health was given by LCM Environmental after their comprehensive testing of Trading’s fuel tanks and lines last week.
- Angus is off to Finland next week as part of a University of Highlands and Islands study tour which will look at Bioenergy and wood fuel supply chains.
- New stock lines in the Trading shop now. Greeting cards, new flours, tahini and coconut chips are all in store for your purchase!
- Angus and Chris will meet with SMO representatives on the 17th February to discuss biomass supply to the college.
- It’s looking likely that the next edition of the An Sleiteach will be out next week.