31 January 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 31st January
This week’s updates;
- It’s finally happened….our wood fuel shed will be completed today. Just in time for our next wood chipping which will happen next week. Thanks to all contractors, SRL and SCT staff and our funders for making the facility a reality. An official opening ceremony will be planned in the next couple of months.
- A delegation from Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) will visit the Trust and Tormore Forest next Tuesday afternoon. Visitors will include two from the FCS senior management team, Simon Hodge, Chief Executive, Forest Enterprise Scotland and Brendan Callaghan, Head of Delivery and Regions.
- All Sleat residents are invited to a Community Council meeting with Scottish Water reps at Seomar Cruinneachaidh, Sabhal Mor Ostaig at 1930 on Tuesday 4th February. This is your chance to hear Scottish Water's proposals for delivering a safe, clean and consistent water supply to our community, and will give the opportunity for the public to make their own comments.
- Calum has been invited to attend a ScotGrad Residential course at the end of February in Muir Of Ord as part of his one year funded role as SCT Enterprise Officer.
- The Trading companies fuel tanks are being fully appraised and tested today by LCM Environmental.
- Sleat Renewables has successfully delivered 40 tonnes of log lengths to the prestigious Torridon Hotel…..this is the first time we have supplied out with Skye and Lochalsh. The Hotel has subsequently ordered a further 60 tonnes.
- Henrik Micski (SRL Director) has agreed to take part in a pan European SMILEGOV training project which will include; sustainable energy planning, energy modelling, development of projects with innovative financing and investment schemes and ways of mobilising local, regional, national and European funds.