24 January 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 24th January
This week’s updates;
- The Trust’s Environment group has announced the first events in their Winter Talks series. On February 26th, Dr Stephen Bungard, County Wildlife Recorder, will give a talk on ‘Plants of Sleat and beyond’ then on March the 19th Iain Turnbull, Property Manager, National Trust for Scotland - Balmacara Estate, will give a presentation on ‘Crofting & Wildlife’. Both events are at Ardvasar Hall from 7.30pm.
- Angus has been invited by the University of the Highlands and Islands to be part of a study tour to Finland in February. The aim of the tour is, to highlight the potential benefits of bioenergy, to visit some innovative bioenergy facilities and to gain an understanding of the supply chain for these facilities.
- Students from Flensburg University will visit the Trust and Tormore Forest on the 19th of February.
- Save the date in your diary! The Trust’s 10th Anniversary Ceilidh is set for Talla Mhor on Friday 28th March. More announcements to come about entertainment, food and raffle prizes over the coming weeks.
- A well-attended Sleat Development Forum took place night (23rd) with three local councillors and the ward manager in attendance. Several areas of co-operation were discussed between Forum participants, with the main topic being quotes received and the funding of a Housing Needs Survey. Minutes of the meeting will be posted online when available.
- The wood fuel shed has been partially completed but the contractors have again had to come of site due to high winds. They hope to return again next week when more settled weather is forecast and complete the work.
- A wee reminder that the cut-off date for submissions for the next An Sleiteach is today (24th). Please send all articles/photo’s to (email@example.com). Thanks for all the submissions to date.