17 January 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 17th January
This week’s updates;
- The Trust welcomes members of the Eilean a’ Cheὸ Ward Forum and Sleat Community Council to our meeting room on Monday. The Trust will join this gathering to discuss all on going Sleat related community issues and development projects.
- In a jam packed week of meetings the Sleat Development Forum will get together on Thursday at Sabhal Mor Ostaig. Also this week we have board meetings for Sleat Renewables and the Trading company.
- Initial enquiries have taken place with Forestry Commission Scotland to arrange a visit in April to Tormore Forest by their Senior Management Team along with all Forest District Managers.
- Applecross Community Company have hired the Trust’s infra-red camera to help with household survey’s as part of their energy efficiency project
- The wood fuel shed constructors are arriving back this weekend at Tormore. With fair weather they hope to have the development completed within a week. Fingers crossed!
- Andrew Prendergast of Plunkett Scotland visited the Trust this week to discuss potential project work areas and provide an update on the work of the organisation.
- A wee reminder that the cut-off date for submissions for the next An Sleiteach is the 24th January. Please send all articles/photo’s to (email@example.com). Thanks for all the submissions to date.