10 January 2014
Trust Snippets - w/e 10th January
First updates for a New Year;
- The Trust has been invited to join the new Scottish Rural Parliament which will meet for the first time this year.
- Due to increases in timber harvesting costs, as of the 1st of January, log lengths now cost £30 per tonne (plus VAT and delivery charges).
- Ian Bolas of HEBNET along with Calum have being surveying potential broadband mast sites around the parish this week.
- The media group are inviting articles for the next copy of An Sleiteach, the community newsletter. Cut-off date for submissions is the 24th January. Please send all articles/photo’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Byrne of Community Broadband Scotland will visit next week.
- Could we remind patrons of the Armadale Trading Facilities (Post Office, Garage and Farm Shop) not to park on the fuel forecourt, unless getting petrol/diesel, as this prevents access to the pumps for other customers. Plenty of parking is available in front of the Trust Offices. New signage and delineation of parking areas will be implemented in the coming months to help with this issue.
- Finally, 2014, is the Trust’s official 10th anniversary and we aim to have lots of events throughout the year to celebrate. Watch this space for further info!